Who We Serve
We service a total catchment population of 22, 825 people that includes the following communities:
- Dokis First Nation
- French River
- St. Charles
- Nipissing First Nation
- West Nipissing
What We Do
We are people helping people.
Run by a board of local volunteers and professional staff, we take a grass roots approach to investing in local entrepreneurs and community initiatives.
Here are the key services that we offer you:
- Community economic planning and development
- Access to funding for small businesses
- Business counseling, services, and resources
Our Mission and Goals
“…To help maintain and enhance the quality of life by recognizing, creating and developing opportunities for partnership, growth, diversification, sustainable development and employment.”
To promote community development by:
- seeking ideas from the community about how to achieve economic stability, recovery, growth and diversification;
To initiate and promote community economic development programs that:
- assist and encourage entrepreneurs to start-up a business or expand existing businesses;
- provide technical advice and assistance such as information on communities, statistics and studies.
To promote employment growth by:
- promoting entrepreneurial spirit in the Sudbury East/West Nipissing communities;
- monitoring and identifying employment opportunities to be located primarily in the Sudbury East/West Nipissing communities.
To create and promote tourism opportunities in the Sudbury East/West Nipissing region.
To anticipate future adjustments so that the communities are prepared to deal with the future by:
- assessing the impact of future changes in the local economy;
- seeking community input on how they see their community in the future.